so i’ve had the idea for an Infinity gems series for a while, and after seeing GOTG I finally decided to do it. This is the first spell I’m posting for other people to use so let me know how it works if you do decide to use it :)
One of the 6 main Infinity gems, the soul gem is green in color and grants the user control over souls. This gem allows the user to manipulate, steal, alter, and control souls, living or dead. The soul is sentient and has a desire to collect souls. Along with granting the user almost unlimited power over souls, it also protects the user from any soul-based attacks.
This stone can be used in your craft in protection spells, as a protection amulet, or, if you feel so inclined, in spells or curses regarding the manipulation of others.
What you’ll need:
- Green gem**
- A part of you (anything: spit, blood*, hair, or just your hands. Whatever you have and feel comfortable with)
- A candle (green or white is best)
- Set the candle, gem and yourself up so that the gem is placed about halfway between you and the candle.
- Anoint the gem with your spit/blood*, tie a strand of your hair around it, or simply hold it in your hands. While doing this, recite the following (or something similar, this is what I use and I’ll admit it’s kind of rough): “With this, I give this stone life. May it be filled with the powers of protection and manipulation, and whoever holds this stone shall have these powers granted to them as well”
- Put the stone back between yourself and the candle, and light the candle. As you light it, imagine a green light flowing out of it, surrounding you and the stone. Imagine it flowing through you and the stone, filling both you and the stone with power.
- Once that is done (and it can last however long you feel it needs in order for you and the stone to be charged), blow out the candle, and set the stone in the sunlight until dusk (or moonlight until dawn depending on what time you perform the spell)
Be sure to keep your soul gem charged, if using it heavily, I recommend charging (similarly to step 3 above) once a week or every other week, if used less often, every few weeks should be good. The soul gem can be used in conjunction with other Infinity Stones, or its power can be used on its own in spells or as an amulet.
*Using blood in magic is extremely powerful and can be extremely dangerous, both magically speaking and sanitarily speaking. If using this, please, please take extreme caution and handle with the utmost care. Here are some resources on blood magic: x x
**Alternatively, you can use a gem of any color, or one that feels protective to you. In the Marvel universe, the Infinity Stones have appeared as different colors depending on who was in possession of them, and a few of the gems have appeared in the MCU as a different color.